Wadhams Veterans Center Mission and Values
The Wadhams Veterans Center at Washtenaw Community College was created to serve all former and current active-duty military personnel, spouses and dependents of veterans, and students in the National Guard or Reserves. The Center seeks to integrate veterans into the college community by helping with their transition and offering any assistance veterans may need.
Wadhams Veterans Center Staff
The goal of the Center’s staff is to fulfill the mission statement with an emphasis on assisting veterans with completing the process to obtain veteran benefits. Staff will also help with awareness of College policies and procedures that relate to veterans.
Welcoming Environment for All
Washtenaw Community College strives to provide an environment throughout the campus, which includes the Wadhams Veterans Center, where all individuals (veterans, visitors, employees, and other students) feel welcome. In addition, we want all to feel confident that they will not be exposed to discrimination, harassment, criticism, or any other emotional or physical harm.
Wadhams Veterans Center Professional Code of Conduct
The Center is adopting a Professional Code of Conduct. The Code includes:
- I understand that I will be held accountable for my behavior.
- I support and will exemplify honesty, honor, and respect in my interactions.
- I support our space as one that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- I will display a positive regard for all members of the Wadhams Veterans Center and the College community in general.
- I am committed to enhancing our community.
- I recognize that respecting the dignity of every person is essential for creating and sustaining a flourishing College community.
Professional Code of Conduct Violations
If the need arises, the staff of the Wadhams Veterans Center will administer sanctions to the Code of Conduct as follows:
- Verbal Warning. Example: “Please discontinue that topic” or “Please discuss that outside the Center”.
- One day loss of Center privileges. The person will not be able to use the Center (except by appointment to conduct business with Advisor or School Certifying Official) the remainder of the current day and the entire next day.
- One week loss of Center privileges. The person will not be able to use the Center for one calendar week following their violation.
- Report to Dean of Students.