Transfer Students   

We ask that you submit form VA 22-1995 Change of Place or Training when transferring from another school.

Apply to WCC

Please complete the WCC online application.

Apply for financial aid

In addition to veteran’s benefits, you may be eligible for Federal financial aid. Information regarding financial aid eligibility can be found here. Included is the maximum amount of Federal grant and loan aid available to students under Title IV of the Higher Education Act, as well as the terms and conditions of Federal student loans.

If you have questions, please visit the Office of Financial Aid located at SC 205 on the second floor of the student center building. WCC’s school code is 002328.

Washtenaw Community College
Office of Financial Aid

Gather your transcripts

Please provide WCC with any prior college transcripts and your Military transcripts for evaluation. Please visit our transfer resources for further information on transferring. Transcripts need to be submitted as soon as possible but not later than the end of your first semester in order for WCC to continue certifying your courses through the VA.

Credit is granted for military training as recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) if it applies to the student’s program of study at WCC. You can access your military transcripts online.

Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

Please submit your COE letter from the VA stating eligibility and length of entitlement (Chp 33 and 35).
If you have not yet received your COE, you may substitute a DD-214 or other proof of benefits eligibility, but you will still need to submit a COE as soon as you receive it.

Registration and payment

Please meet with the Veteran Student Advisor to schedule classes within your program prior to registration. Once you’ve registered, you will need to complete the Enrollment/Veteran Benefits Certification Request Form. This form needs to be completed each semester.

Veteran benefits may sometimes be delayed. Enroll in the WCC student payment plan by the payment deadline to keep your classes. After you register, log into the WCC Billing and Payment System, then pick the payment plan tab and set up regular deductions from a bank account or credit card. You may also set up a payment plan.

Standards for Receiving Educational Benefits

In compliance with the Department of Veteran Affairs, Circular 22-80-38, the college has developed Standards of Progress. Each veteran student must conform to these standards to be eligible for VA Educational Benefit Certification. Each veteran student must read, sign and return the original copy of these standards to the WCC Certifying Official prior to the first semester of enrollment at WCC.

Please read the Wadhams Veterans Center Mission and Values